Study and Living Support Grants
This entitles you to a Study and Living Support grant valued at $1,000. These grants are funded by the Australian Government's Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program.
Available to students studying any course at an undergraduate, associate degree or UniLink level.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible you must meet all the following criteria:
- a local student (Australian citizen/permanent resident/permanent humanitarian visa holder/New Zealand citizen)
- enrolled in an undergraduate degree , associate degree course or UniLink course at Swinburne;
- enrolled full time or part time, and actively studying in the course this Semester/Term/HE Block;
- demonstrate that you are from a low socio-economic background (e.g. you or your parents are in receipt of or eligible for Centrelink payments) or regional/remote background, or Indigenous;
- experiencing significant financial hardship and struggling to meet basic living costs.
If you are a Swinburne Online or Open Universities Australia student, you can apply if you are on a Commonwealth Supported Place and meet the above criteria.
Please note: Many financially disadvantaged students apply and there is no guarantee that you will be successful and so you cannot rely on receiving this grant/scholarship.
Students who received a Study and Living Support Grant in Semester 1, 2023 are ineligible to apply.
Multiple grants are available.
How to apply
Applications will re-open at the start of Semester 1, 2024.
Equity Project Officer