You must not apply for a student visa before you have accepted your offer to study at Swinburne. Student visas can only be granted for study in courses that are registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).

It is important to know what type of visa you will require as student visas are classified under several subclasses.

  • If you intend to study in Australia, you will need to apply for a Student visa (subclass 500).
  • If you plan to come to Australia to provide care to a student under 18 years, you can apply for a Student Guardian visa (subclass 590).
  • Depending on your circumstances, your required visa may come under another subclass. 

Visit the Department of Home Affairs to learn more about Australia student visa requirements, types, processing times and fees.