The skills attained from the program should assist graduates gaining employment in a range of industries including consulting engineering, construction, local government, and public and private infrastructure owners.
At the completion of the Master of Professional Engineering course, graduates will be able to:
1. demonstrate broad knowledge and skills in engineering professional practice and have high-level advanced knowledge and skills in an engineering specialisation
2. plan and execute a team-based research project in a relevant Engineering topic by applying appropriate research principles, sound methods and technical research skills
3. reflect on managing practical issues and complex problems, and describe contemporary and sustainable trends and best practices in engineering
4. investigate, analyse and synthesise information relating to complex problems, concepts and theories of professional engineering practice, and to provide solutions to these problems using critical thinking and judgement
5. demonstrate clear and coherent communication skills to articulate complex knowledge and justify propositions and professional decisions to specialist and non-specialist audiences
6. demonstrate a high level of autonomy, accountability, credibility, ethics, and responsibility for all personal work outputs.
The program will provide the following generic attributes:
- Providing career orientated education
- Developing links with industry and knowledge transfer
- Undertaking research which is applied and relevant to the needs of industry
- Developing lifelong learning skills
- Establishing international links including opportunities for collaboration with Swinburne’s other campuses