- One Semester or equivalent
- 48 Hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2021 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
This unit of study aims to provide engineering students with an understanding of how organisations function in engineering projects. It specifically focuses on introducing relevant theories, principles and techniques for effective leadership and management in engineering projects.
Unit Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Describe and appreciate the fundamentals of management and how they relate to project based activities (K5, K6, S1, S2, S4, A1, A2, A4, A5, A6, A7)
2. Describe the principles of effective leadership and ensure responsible team-work in the project environment (K5, K6, S1, S2, S4, A1, A2, A4, A5, A6, A7)
3. Analyse an organisation’s strengths and weaknesses (particularly in the project setting) and evaluate and implement appropriate changes for the delivery of effective project management. (K5, K6, S1, S2, S4, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7)
4. Identify stakeholder requirements and understand and establish relevant organisational culture and behaviour for the delivery of successful projects (K5, K6, S1, S2, S4, A1, A2, A4, A5, A6, A7)
5. Describe and undertake project definition, project planning and project implementation using some key tools and techniques for effective project management (K2, K5, K6, S1, S2, S4, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7)