- One Semester or equivalent
- 48 hours face to face + blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2023 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 1
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
UG: 250 credit points in Civil or Construction majors only
Aims and objectives
This unit covers essential concepts, advanced techniques and sophisticated tools to plan and manage resources for the tasks/ operations in engineering industries, specifically in project-based settings.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Describe the concepts and functions of planning and managing resources in project scenarios (K5, K6, S4, A1, A4, A5, A6)
2. Apply relevant principles and theories for planning and managing resources (K5, K6, S4, A1, A4, A5, A6)
3. Use appropriate tools and techniques for resource planning and management (K2, K5, K6, S1, S2, S4, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7)
4. Formulate and/ or specify suitable strategies, methods and tools/ techniques for resource management in the project-based engineering industries (K2, K5, K6, S1, S2, S4, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7)
Swinburne Engineering Competencies (A1-7, K1-6, S1-4): find out more about Engineering Skills and Competencies including the Engineers Australia Stage 1 Competencies.