- One Semester or equivalent
- 48 hours face to face + Blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2023 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
To familiarise students with modern radio electronic devices, circuits and systems, to provide a relevant background to the mobile communications and to expose students to design concepts, methodology and design flow for low power RF circuits.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Appreciate the complexities involved in the design of networks for RF applications. (K1,K2,K3,S1,S2,S3)
2. Design and analyse networks for RF applications. (K2,K3,S1,S2,S3)
3. Apply simulation tools to the analysis and design of RF circuits. (K2,K3,S1,S2,S3)
Swinburne Engineering Competencies (A1-7, K1-6, S1-4): find out more about Engineering Skills and Competencies including the Engineers Australia Stage 1 Competencies.