- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours Face to Face + Blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2023 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 1
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
This unit of study aims to provide students with an understanding of the different characteristics of robots and programmable logic controllers and their relevance in the design and implementation of robot systems in manufacturing.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Describe the application of programmable logic controllers in the context of robot based manufacturing systems (K3, K4, S1)
2. Appraise robot applications in manufacturing environments based on their technical characteristics (K3, K4, K5, S1)
3. Design robot systems for manufacturing applications that satisfy requirements in terms of safety, productivity, flexibility and sustainability (K3, K4, K5, K6, S1, S2, S3, A2, A4, A5, A6, A7)
Swinburne Engineering Competencies (A1-7, K1-6, S1-4): find out more about Engineering Skills and Competencies including the Engineers Australia Stage 1 Competencies.