Results – what you need to know
Find out how to access your results and academic transcript, and what happens once you finish your course.
How to access your results
If you can't see your results:
- the results release date may not have passed
- results may not have been certified
- you may have a sanction preventing your results from being released (e.g. outstanding fees or library fines).
Result release dates
The release dates for your Swinburne results depend on your level and mode of study.
Higher education students
|Teaching period||Results release date|
|Summer Term (on campus)||28 February 2017|
|Direct-enrolled online students (SP4)||4 April 2017|
|Semester 1||4 July 2017|
|Semester 1 – special consideration||Approximately 2 weeks after last exam|
|Semester 1 – last to complete||Approximately 2 weeks after last exam|
|Term 1||24 April 2017|
|Term 2||4 July 2017|
|Winter Term||15 August 2017|
|Semester 2||5 December 2017|
|Term 3||26 September 2017|
|Term 4||5 December 2017|
Vocational education students
If you're a vocational education (VE) student, once the census date has passed for the study period, your results are released on a weekly basis. They will be available within two weeks of the end of the teaching block through My results.
Foundation Year and UniLink students
Results for Foundation Year and UniLink exams are released on the Wednesday of the week following the last day of exams. For example Teaching Period 2 finishes on 22 September 2017, and results are released on Wednesday 27 September 2017.
Open Universities Australia students
If you're an Open University Australia (OUA) student studying Swinburne units, your results will be released on the following dates:
- Study Period 4 (2016) - 4 April 2017
- Study Period 1 - 27 June 2017
- Study Period 2 - 26 September 2017
- Study Period 3 - 3 January 2018
Hawthorn Online students
If you're Hawthorn Online (HOL) student, your results will be released on the following dates:
- Study Period 3 (2017) – 3 January 2018
- Study Period 4 (2017) – 27 March 2018
- Study Period 1 – 26 June 2018
- Study Period 2 – 25 September 2018
- Study Period 3 – 21 December 2018
- Study Period 4 – 26 March 2019
KAPLAN (Singapore) students
If you're a KAPLAN (Singapore) student, your results will be released on the following dates:
- Study Period 1 - 6 June 2017
- Study Period 2 - 5 September 2017
- Study Period 3 - 5 December 2017
- Study Period 4 - 6 March 2018
If you're a NICA student, your results will be released on the following dates:
Semester 1, 2017 - 11 July
Semester 2, 2017 - 5 December
If you’re an international student and need confirmation that your course has been completed prior to your graduation ceremony, submit a letter of completion request.
Finishing your course
If you’ve completed all of the requirements for your course, congratulations! If you’re not sure if you've finished your course or haven’t received a graduation notice, contact studentHQ. We can’t release your results or let you graduate until you've paid any outstanding fees and fines.
After you've finished your course there are lots of options: