The Centre for Career Development
At the Centre for Career Development, our focus is on providing current Swinburne students and recent graduates with the skills and resources needed to succeed in today's competitive labour market and proactively manage and develop their careers into the future.
Our services assist you to both plan your career and also build a body of experience and skills outside the classroom which give you an advantage in the job application process. Our SwinEmploy portal provides you with many useful resources relevant to employment and employability. Throughout the year we run a range of seminars, workshops and conferences to give you access to the latest trends and an edge in your job applications. We also offer one-to-one career counselling for your more specific or detailed queries.
- SwinEmploy SwinEmploy is the place to visit for casual and graduate job listings, upcoming events, help with job applications, online tools and videos, booking appointments with career consultants, advice on improving your job prospects, career planning and asking our staff questions.
- Swinburne Emerging Leader Program The Swinburne Emerging Leader Program helps you stand out in the job market. The program will help you recognise and explain the job skills you develop alongside your studies. Your achievements will be listed on your academic transcript.
- Industry study tours Global businesses need global graduates. Our credit-bearing study tours are designed to develop your global credentials and improve your graduate employment prospects. Tours run in Summer and Winter teaching periods.
- Graduate Opportunities 2016 If you are looking for a graduate position be sure to have a look at Swinburne's Graduate Opportunities 2016 guide. It includes career advice, industry snapshots, employer profiles, professional associations and career contacts.
- Swinburne Accelerate Program The Swinburne Accelerate Program allows you to shadow Centre for Career Development staff and work with other student volunteers while gaining new skills and real-life experiences.
- For employersHow we can work together:
Advice on advertising positions to Swinburne students and graduates, attending our Student Careers Conferences, presenting to students on campus and involvement in the Business Insight Program. You can also advertise to hire Swinburne students as private tutors.