Study for low or no fees with JobTrainer.
As part of its Economic Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Australian Government has partnered with the Victorian Government to provide additional access to free or low-fee training places for Victorians who have been most impacted by the crisis.
Job seekers and young people, including school leavers, can now take advantage of subsidised training to learn skills for in-demand jobs, in areas such as health, aged and disability care, IT and trades.
What courses can I study?
- Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (on-campus)
- Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (online)
- Diploma of Accounting (on-campus)
- Diploma of Accounting (online)
- Advanced Diploma of Accounting
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Sport and Fitness)
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy)
- Certificate II in Building and Construction Pre-apprenticeship (Carpentry)
- Certificate II in Building and Construction Pre-apprenticeship (Bricklaying)
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)
- Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
- Certificate IV in Community Services
- Diploma of Community Services
- Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management
- Certificate IV in Cyber Security
- Certificate IV in Design
- Certificate IV in Digital and Interactive Games
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Certificate IV in Education Support
- Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start)
- Certificate IV in Engineering
- Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
- Certificate III in Horticulture
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
- Certificate IV in Information Technology
- Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking
- Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- Diploma of Justice
- Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques
- Certificate IV in Mental Health
- Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work
- Certificate III in Non-Emergency Patient Transport
- Diploma of Nursing
- Certificate IV in Photography and Photo Imaging
- Certificate II in Plumbing (Pre-apprenticeship)
- Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Certificate IV in Youth Work
Am I eligible?
To apply for a JobTrainer place, a person must be:
- 17 to 24 years old when the course starts; or
- a job seeker of any age.
They must not have commenced a full qualification under JobTrainer before.
Eligible students can commence only one qualification and one skill set under JobTrainer, even if they do not complete their JobTrainer course, so need to consider their training choices carefully.