Studying outside of Australia
Studying a Swinburne course outside of Australia can be a great option if you wish to study in your home country. We also offer courses taught at our Sarawak campus in Malaysia that offers a unique experience.
Study online in your home country
At Swinburne, we offer a range of online undergraduate and postgraduate courses that are available to international students studying outside of Australia.
- Graduate Certificate in Forensic Mental Health Nursing
- Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching (Higher Education)
- Graduate Certificate in Risk Management
- Graduate Certificate of Applied Statistics
- Graduate Certificate of Aviation (Human Factors)
- Graduate Certificate of Aviation (Management)
- Graduate Certificate of Business Administration
- Graduate Certificate of Cybersecurity Management
- Graduate Certificate of Financial Planning
- Graduate Certificate in Forensic Behavioural Science
- Graduate Certificate of Management
- Graduate Certificate of Project Management
- Graduate Certificate of Science (Astronomy)
- Graduate Certificate of Writing
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Statistics
- Graduate Diploma of Aviation (Human Factors)
- Graduate Diploma of Aviation (Management)
- Graduate Diploma of Forensic Mental Health Nursing
- Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning
- Graduate Diploma of Forensic Behavioural Science
- Graduate Diploma of Project Management
- Graduate Diploma of Psychology
- Graduate Diploma of Science (Astronomy)
- Graduate Diploma of Writing
- Master of Aviation (Management)
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Cybersecurity Management
- Master of Forensic Behavioural Science
- Master of Science (Astronomy)
- Master of Writing
Study with a Swinburne partner in your home country
At Swinburne, our international partnerships allow us to offer a range of courses to students outside of Australia. Upon successful completion, you will gain an Australian qualification.
The Chinese Ministry of Education officially approved the Cooperative Articulation Program (CAP) application between IMUFE and Swinburne in June 2016, which was launched under a 2+2 model with the first enrolment in September 2016.
Under this model, the first two years of teaching are carried out at IMUFE with eight guest teaching units provided by Swinburne. The final two years are completed at Swinburne's Hawthorn campus. Upon successful completion of the 2+2 model, students will be awarded a Bachelor of Management (Accounting) from IMUFE and a Bachelor of Accounting from Swinburne.
This Cooperative Articulation Program (CAP) was approved by the Chinese Ministry of Education in 2012 to be launched in a 3+1 mode with the first cohort enrolled in September 2012. Upon successful completion of the 3+1 program, students are awarded degrees from both NJUCM and Swinburne.
The first three years are carried out at NJUCM with eight guest teaching units provided by Swinburne. The final year of the Bachelor of Business (Health Management and Communication) is completed at Swinburne's Hawthorn campus.
In 2018, Swinburne partnered with SDUST to seek approval to establish a joint institution in China. This joint application was approved in December 2020 by the Ministry of Education in Beijing.
The first phase will follow a 2+2 joint degree model with guest teaching from Swinburne academics and capacity building at SDUST. This will lead to the development of a comprehensive joint insitute where, in the long term, the degrees will be jointly delivered entirely in China.
Swinburne College of SDUST offers:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Software major
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Mechanical major
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Robotics and Mechatronics major
- Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design) (Honours)
- Master of Engineering Science
In partnership with the HKU Space, Swinburne offers a Bachelor of Aviation Management top-up program. Eligible students from the Higher Diploma in Aviation Studies can complete eight Swinburne units to complete the Bachelor of Aviation Management.
This degree is catered for students in Hong Kong who seek to bring innovation to the aviation industry. Students will have the opportunity to take part in a study tour to Swinburne campus in Australia and receive practical flying experience.
Swinburne's partnership with NCHS has given students in Sri Lanka the opportunity to take part in Swinburne's Foundation Year and UniLink diploma pathway programs in their home country.
Upon completion of these pathways, students can transfer directly into a number of undergraduate degrees offered on Swinburne's Hawthorn campus.
- Swinburne Foundation Year (Business)
- Swinburne Foundation Year (Science/Engineering)
- Diploma of Business (UniLink)
- Diploma of Engineering (UniLink)
- Diploma of Information Technology (UniLink)
- Diploma of Health Science (UniLink)
South East Asia
In 2020, Swinburne partnered with INTI International University and Colleges to deliver our Swinburne degrees in West Malaysia. The programs run in two teaching locations with March and July intakes.
- Bachelor of Business (Subang and Penang)
- Bachelor of Business Information Systems (Subang)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Subang)
- Bachelor of Media and Communication (Subang and Penang)
In 2019, Swinburne partnered with FPT University to deliver Swinburne degrees in Vietnam. The first intake of the joint program commenced in Hanoi (September 2019), followed by Ho Chi Minh City (September 2021) and Da Nang (September 2022). There are three intakes each year for these degrees:
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology
- Bachelor of Media and Communication
- Bachelor of Computer Science
Want to complete your research degree overseas?
A Partnered PhD program allows you to complete your research degree jointly at Swinburne and at an international partner university. If you’re based predominantly outside of Australia, an offshore PhD program will allow you to enrol in a Swinburne PhD.
Looking for an adventure whilst you study?
If you’re looking for a dash of adventure whilst embarking on your academic journey, then why not study at our campus in Sarawak, Malaysia?
Our Sarawak campus is located in Kuching, one of Southeast Asia’s most liveable cities, and features custom-designed buildings for the schools of business and enterprise, engineering and science, and computing and design.
Kuching is a multicultural city, the locals are welcoming and friendly, offering you a real sense of community. The many attractions and festivals held annually, and its close proximity to nature offers more than just high-quality Australian education. Its connectivity to the rest of the world ensures you’re never far from a quick weekend escape from student life.
Home to over 700,000 people, Kuching is a safe and unique city that offers an unbeatable lifestyle for students.
Ready to start your academic journey?
If you know the course you want to study, begin the next chapter of your life by applying to study at Swinburne.