Graduate Certificate of Business Administration
Swinburne Online - online delivery only
Every international student application is considered for a scholarship
Whether you’re living in Australia or overseas, you’re automatically considered for a scholarship of up to 30% off your course fees. Please check our updated entry requirements.
Online (March, July, November) - View application and start dates
A$20100 (total for 2023)*
The indicative course fees shown in Course Search apply to international students for the relevant year only. They are based on a standard study load per year. However, please note that fees are assessed according to a student's study load in each semester, and variation to study load will result in an adjustment to tuition fees. All fees are subject to annual review and may be adjusted.
Study with Swinburne Online
With Swinburne Online, the learning experience is 100% online and studied at your own pace. Our courses are built for the jobs of the future with a focus on collaboration and our flexible learning environment empowers you to study on your own terms. They are developed by leaders in the field and taught by professionals with industry experience.
Course information in detail
- Course detail, course structure and units of study.
The Graduate Certificate of Business Administration forms the first stage for the Master of Business Administration (MA-BUSADM3S).
International students in Australia who hold student visas are required to study full-time and on campus. Courses that are taught entirely online are only available to international students studying outside Australia or those in Australia who are not on a student visa. Online courses are not available to international students in Australia who hold a student visa.
Maximum Academic Credit
The maximum level of credit that can be granted for the Graduate Certificate of Business Administration is 25 credit points (normally two units)
Units of study
Careers and graduate outcomes
- Career opportunities and course aims and objectives.
Aims and objectives
The course allows articulation into the Graduate Diploma of Business Administration and Master of Business Administration and associated combined courses.
At completion of the Graduate Certificate of Business Administration, graduates should be able to:
- apply advanced knowledge of business concepts in diverse contexts and applications using critical thinking
- apply problem solving, design and decision-making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems with intellectual independence
- communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences, function as an effective member or leader of a diverse team, and use the basic tools and practices of business within project work
- demonstrate professionalism, integrity, ethical conduct, professional accountability and an awareness of professional practices in a global and sustainable context
- apply business fundamentals to the analysis, design and operation of a model using appropriate business methods and tools.
Course fees and requirements
- Fees, entry requirements and English language requirements.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree equivalent to an Australia Bachelor degree, or
- 3 years relevant work experience*, or
- Successful completion of the Swinburne Masters Qualifying Program
English language requirements
Satisfactory completion of one of the following:
- Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 70%, all skills 65%
- minimum IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based) minimum score of 79 with a reading band no less than 18 and writing band no less than 20
- Pearson (PTE) minimum score of 58 (no communicative skills less than 50)
- any other equivalent assessment of English language proficiency.
Find out more about English language requirements.
How to apply
Please note: This online course is not available to on-shore international students holding a student visa.
Find out more
Submit an online enquiry
Tel: +61 3 9956 0777 (outside Australia)