Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching (Higher Education)
Every international student application is considered for a scholarship
Whether you’re living in Australia or overseas, you’re automatically considered for a scholarship of up to 30% off your course fees. Please check our updated entry requirements.
4 Semester/s (Four units are required for completion, typically one or two units are completed per Semester on a part-time basis)
Online (Semester 1, Semester 2) - View application and start dates
A$10200 (total for 2023)*
The indicative course fees shown in Course Search apply to international students for the relevant year only. They are based on a standard study load per year. However, please note that fees are assessed according to a student's study load in each semester, and variation to study load will result in an adjustment to tuition fees. All fees are subject to annual review and may be adjusted.
The course really was the groundbreaker and the greatest motivator to explore and investigate ways to improve my teaching.
Dr Sabina Sestigiani
Lecturer in Italian Studies and 2017 AAUT (Australian Awards for University Teaching) Citation Award Winner for Teaching Excellence
Course information in detail
- Course detail, course structure and units of study.
Winner of the 2018 Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Excellence (Higher Education) Team Award
Swinburne's prestigious teaching award goes to this innovative, high impact course that transforms learning in higher education.
Please note - This course does not lead to teacher registration.
International students in Australia who hold student visas are required to study full-time and on campus. Courses that are taught entirely online are only available to international students studying outside Australia or those in Australia who are not on a student visa. Online courses are not available to international students in Australia who hold a student visa.
Units of study
EDU60056 Foundations of Learning and Teaching
Careers and graduate outcomes
- Career opportunities, course aims and objectives and professional recognition.
Aims and objectives
- Evaluate pedagogical models and frameworks and their applications in designing for learning within the context of diverse student cohorts and global environments
- Design and facilitate learning environments, inclusive of activities and assessment tasks, that support and enhance learning
- Apply a scholarly and reflective approach to enhancing practice, effecting evidence-informed change, and being a member of a community of practitioners and scholars
- Design, develop, and deliver curriculum in on-campus, blended, and fully-online modes
Course fees and requirements
- Fees, entry requirements and English language requirements.
English language requirements
Satisfactory completion of:IELTS (Academic Module): Overall 6.5 with no individual band below 6.0• Or equivalent measures available at
Find out more about English language requirements.
How to apply
Find out more
Learning Transformations Unit
Tel: +61 3 9214 8064