MTC Indigenous Relocation Scholarship
Moondani Toombadool Centre will be supporting Indigenous undergraduate or postgraduate student to assist with relocation costs or accommodation costs to begin their degree with Swinburne. Scholarships will be awarded in a one-off payment and recipients must not be in receipt of or eligible for an ICAS scholarship or Relocation scholarship.
Any Higher Education course offered by Swinburne University of Technology. This includes:
- Graduate Certificate
- Graduate Diploma
- Higher Degree by Research (PhD)
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Indigenous Accommodation Scholarship, applicants must:
1. Not be in receipt of or eligible for an ICAS scholarship or Relocation scholarship.
2. You must have lived in a regional or remote area of Australia within the past 4 years and need to relocate to undertake the current study. Australian Statistical Geographical Classification – Remoteness Area
3. Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen
- Confirm they are of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage by submitting a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage certificate (COA) with their scholarship application or a certified Statutory Declaration (Stat Dec) declaring that the individual applying for the scholarship is of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, and/or is accepted as such by the community in which you live, or formerly lived.
4. Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing Swinburne student in 2023
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- studying on-campus
5. Have experienced one or more of the below points, which may have hindered access to education:
- financial hardship
- personal hardship
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- located in a regional, rural or remote area
- first in family to attend university
6. Submit a personal statement (500 words) addressing the above (#4) and:
- Explain your financial position and outline how this scholarship will be used to secure accommodation. Please also include the area in which you are relocating from.
7. Provide a referee reports outlining your suitability for the scholarship:
- Character reference - from a person competent to supply a character reference such as a current or past employer.
The scholarship is valued at $5000 (One-off payment). There are 3 scholarships available to be awarded.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services