Master of Business Administration
Swinburne Online - online delivery only
18 months full-time or equivalent part-time
Online (March, July, November) - View application and start dates
2023 Start Dates
Study with Swinburne Online
With Swinburne Online, the learning experience is 100% online and studied at your own pace. Our courses are built for the jobs of the future with a focus on collaboration and our flexible learning environment empowers you to study on your own terms. They are developed by leaders in the field and taught by professionals with industry experience.
Course information in detail
- Course detail, course structure and units of study.
Broadly, our MBA course is designed to:
- develop skilled and competent managers and leaders who are entrepreneurially oriented, globally aware and socially conscious in a world of uncertainty, change and complexity
- meet the demands of business and industry to achieve and sustain international competitive advantage
- enable students to have more rewarding and satisfying career outcomes.
- Global focus
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Life-long learning
- Ethical and social responsibility - both individual and organisational
- 8 core units (100 credit points)
- 4 units comprising a specialisation or electives (50 credit points)
Units of study
Students complete 8 core units (100 credit points) from the list below:
Careers and graduate outcomes
- Career opportunities, course aims and objectives and graduate skills.
Aims and objectives
The course has a strong focus on solutions to business scenarios and is designed to equip students with the capacity to start new ventures or initiate organisational improvements successfully and to assist students to transition into higher executive management roles with a focus on achieving innovation and business success.
- apply coherent and advanced knowledge of business concepts in diverse contexts and applications using critical thinking
- apply problem solving, design and decision making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems with intellectual independence
- communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences, function as an effective member or leader of a diverse team, and use advanced tools and practices of business within project work
- demonstrate professionalism, integrity, ethical conduct, professional accountability and a deep awareness of professional practices in a global and sustainable context
- apply business fundamentals to the analysis, design and operation of a business model using appropriate business methods and tools, applied in a variety of contexts
- apply knowledge of research principles and methods to plan and execute a piece of research with some independence
- reflect on and take responsibility for their own learning and self-management processes, and manage their own time and processes effectively by regularly reviewing performance as a means of managing continuing professional development and lifelong learning.
- capable in their chosen professional, vocational or study areas and an ability to engage in critical enquiry
- entrepreneurial in contributing to innovation and development within their business, workplace or community
- effective and ethical in work, community situations and reasoning skills
- adaptable and able to manage change
- aware of local and international environments in which they will be contributing (e.g. socio-cultural, economic, natural).
Pathways and scholarships
- Credit transfer, recognition of prior learning and scholarships.
Swinburne business degrees are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. The alumni of AACSB accredited business schools are among the world’s most influential leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs impacting business, government, and non-profit sectors. Only five per cent of business schools worldwide are AACSB accredited.
Course fees and requirements
- Entry requirements and non-year 12 entry.
|2023 rate*||Estimated total cost of the course||Estimated cost of the course per year if studying full-time*||Annual Amenities fee if studying full-time*|
||$50,400||$33,600||See how your SSAF is calculated|
How do I pay my fees?
FEE-HELP is a loan given to eligible full-fee paying higher education students to help pay part or all of their tuition fees. The Commonwealth Government pays the amount of the loan directly to Swinburne.
A recognised bachelor degree in any discipline PLUS a minimum of two (2) years equivalent full-time relevant professional experience*
A Graduate Certificate in a related discipline**
How to apply
Find out more
Tel: 1300 069 765