The Swinburne Master of Business Administration (MBA) offers not only the opportunity to acquire contemporary management knowledge and skills but, more importantly, it provides students with the ability to apply that knowledge in innovative, creative and entrepreneurial ways. We develop skilled managers and competent leaders who are entrepreneurially oriented, globally focused and socially conscious in a diverse and complex world. Specifically our MBA prepares you to engage and deal with uncertainty, change and opportunity in the environments in which your organisations operate.
Broadly, our MBA course is designed to:
- develop skilled and competent managers and leaders who are entrepreneurially oriented, globally aware and socially conscious in a world of uncertainty, change and complexity
- meet the demands of business and industry to achieve and sustain international competitive advantage
- enable students to have more rewarding and satisfying career outcomes.
Our MBA is focused on developing students’ capabilities to operate in organisationally critical domains of practice that we have identified as fundamental to their own and their organisations’ success in today’s turbulent environment. These domains of practice are not the same as subjects or streams. They can play out across many subjects and are:
- Global focus
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Life-long learning
- Ethical and social responsibility - both individual and organisational