- One semester or equivalentThis unit will be delivered on-line in Semester 2 2020.
2020 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
Aims and objectives
Previous unit code BUS60001
This unit critically examines the issues and techniques of Operations Management. It reviews the strategic importance of the operations function in delivering top quality products and services efficiently and effectively to meet the needs of clients and customers. It focuses on the three key operations management activities of operations design, operations planning and control, and operations improvement – all in a strategic context. The unit also provides an opportunity for students to apply theory and technique to real examples drawn from literature, observed in everyday life, and from students’ own experience. Contemporary issues in operations management are also explored.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
2. Demonstrate and define the key theoretical and practice issues, decisions and processes involved in
managing manufacturing and service transformations
3. Analyse and critically address complex issues in contemporary operations and quality management practice
4. Communicate proficiently in a professional manner and operate as a member or leader of a team
5. Apply theoretical knowledge to an applied research project using operations management theory