Swinburne Research Scholarships
Swinburne research scholarships are awarded to candidates of exceptional research potential undertaking doctoral studies. The awards are provided to assist with general living costs. Tuition fees for up to four years are also covered.
Research scholarships are available by application to both future and current students enrolled in or applying for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Professional Doctorate course at Swinburne.
In 2023, two types of research scholarships are available for application:
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Professional Doctorate
Eligibility / selection criteria
- You must meet candidature requirements as set out in your proposed program. Please refer to website for details.
- Specific scholarship eligibility criteria are detailed in the RTPS Conditions of Award and SUPRA Conditions of Award.
Applications are currently being considered from applicants who:
- meet the entry requirements for a PhD or Professional Doctorate at Swinburne.
- hold a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours (or equivalent).
- propose a research project that aligns with a Research Strategy and Ecosystem area.
Applicants should ensure that you meet one of the following criteria:
- are a new PhD or Professional Doctorate candidate OR
- are currently enrolled in a Swinburne PhD or Professional Doctorate for less than two years at the closing date of the application round OR
- have received an offer for candidature for a Swinburne PhD or Professional Doctorate and have not yet enrolled.
- Annual stipend $33,000 (indexed) (2023 rate) for three years (with possible 6 month extension).
- Tuition fees for up to four years.
- Paid leave of absence, thesis allowance, relocation allowance.
How to apply
Applications for Swinburne Research Scholarships are currently closed.