Research Training Program Stipend - RTPS
Research Training Program Stipend (RTPS) Scholarships are awarded to students of exceptional research potential, enrolled in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) course of study, to assist with general living costs.
These scholarships are available to both future and current students enrolled in or applying for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Professional Doctorate course at Swinburne.
You must be currently enrolled in, or applying for;
- Doctor of Philosophy (Business)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Design)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Clinical Psychology)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Science)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Information and Communication Technology)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Information Systems)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Clinical and Forensic Psychology)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Health Sciences)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Technology Innovation)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Law)
You must meet candidature requirements as set out in their proposed program. Please refer to the website for details.
Eligibility / selection criteria
Eligibility criteria, according to the Commonwealth Scholarship Guidelines (Research) 2017 are detailed in the RTPS Conditions of Award (attached below).
Applications are currently being considered from applicants who:
- meet the entry requirements for a PhD or Professional Doctorate at Swinburne;
- hold a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours (or equivalent);
- are a domestic student (Australian or New Zealand citizen, or Australian permanent resident).
Applicants should ensure that they meet one of the following criteria:
- are a prospective PhD or Professional Doctorate candidate OR
- are currently enrolled in a Swinburne PhD or Professional Doctorate for less than two years as at 31 October 2018 OR
- have received an offer for candidature for a Swinburne PhD or Professional Doctorate and have not yet enrolled.
- Annual stipend $27,082 (indexed) - 2018 rate
- RTP Allowances (relocation allowance and thesis allowance) as outlined in the RTPS Conditions of Award (below)
How to apply
RTPSs are offered by Swinburne Research in scholarship round(s) each year.
Applications for the 2018 RTPS scholarship will open on 20 August 2018.