Research Training Program Stipend - RTPS
Research Training Program Stipend (RTPS) Scholarships are awarded to students of exceptional research potential, enrolled in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) course of study, to assist with general living costs.
These scholarships are available to both future and current students enrolled in or applying for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Professional Doctorate course at Swinburne.
You must be currently enrolled in, or applying for:
- Doctor of Philosophy (Business)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Clinical Psychology)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Design)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Information and Communication Technology)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Information Systems)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Health Sciences)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Law)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Science)
- Doctor of Psychology (Clinical and Forensic Psychology)
You must meet candidature requirements as set out in their proposed program. Please refer to the website for details.
Eligibility / selection criteria
Eligibility criteria, according to the Commonwealth Scholarship Guidelines (Research) 2017 are detailed in the RTPS Conditions of Award (attached below).
Applications are currently being considered from applicants who:
- meet the entry requirements for a PhD or Professional Doctorate at Swinburne;
- hold a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours (or equivalent);
- are a domestic student (Australian or New Zealand citizen, or Australian permanent resident).
Applicants should ensure that they meet one of the following criteria:
- are a prospective PhD or Professional Doctorate candidate OR
- are currently enrolled in a Swinburne PhD or Professional Doctorate for less than two years at the closing date of the application round OR
- have received an offer for candidature for a Swinburne PhD or Professional Doctorate and have not yet enrolled.
- Annual stipend $30,000 (indexed) - 2023 rate
- RTP Allowances (relocation allowance and thesis allowance) as outlined in the RTPS Conditions of Award (below)
How to apply
Applications for the RTPS Scholarship are currently closed.
Call us: (03) 9214 5412
Currently enrolled students:
Graduate Research Office