Swinburne University Postgraduate Research Award
SUPRAs are awarded to students of exceptional research potential undertaking doctoral studies. The awards are provided to assist with general living costs. Tuition fees are also covered by the award.
SUPRA scholarships are available to both future and current students enrolled in or applying for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Professional Doctorate course at Swinburne.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Professional Doctorate
Eligibility / selection criteria
- Candidates must meet candidature requirements as set out in their proposed program. Please refer to the website for details.
- Eligibility criteria are detailed in the SUPRA Conditions of Award (below).
When a Swinburne research scholarships round is open, applications are considered from applicants who:
- meet the entry requirements for a PhD or Professional Doctorate at Swinburne.
- hold a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours (or equivalent).
- propose a research project that aligns with a Research Strategy and Ecosystem area.
Applicants should ensure that they meet one of the following criteria:
- are a prospective PhD or Professional Doctorate candidate OR
- are currently enrolled in a Swinburne PhD or Professional Doctorate for less than two years at the closing date of the application round OR
- have received an offer for candidature for a Swinburne PhD or Professional Doctorate and have not yet enrolled.
- Annual stipend $33,000 (indexed) (2023 rate) for three years (with possible 6 month extension).
- Tuition fee scholarship for up to four years.
- Paid leave of absence, thesis allowance, relocation allowance as outlined in the SUPRA Conditions of Award (below).
How to apply
Applications for the SUPRA scholarship are currently closed.
Graduate Research Office