Graduate Certificate of Project Management
Blended learning – on-campus and digital learning
The Graduate Certificate of Project Management will refresh and add to your existing skills and provide newcomers with the foundations needed to be effective and innovative members of project teams.
The Certificate’s four units – Strategic Project Management, Project Management for Innovative Outcomes, the Risk Management Spectrum and Operations Management – will teach you strong technical and strengthened people skills.
Guest speakers – who include Project Directors, Agile Coaches and Scrum Masters – will explore agile leadership in a range of innovative projects.
From simulations, role plays, case studies and teamwork you will learn to assess what projects need and how to use the latest methodologies and tools.
The Graduate Certificate of Project Management qualifies you for AIPM student membership and puts you on the path to full industry accreditation.
Every international student application is considered for a scholarship
Whether you’re living in Australia or overseas, you’re automatically considered for a scholarship of up to 30% off your course fees. Please check our updated entry requirements.
Hawthorn (Semester 1, Semester 2) - View application and start dates
A$20100 (total for 2023)*
The indicative course fees shown in Course Search apply to international students for the relevant year only. They are based on a standard study load per year. However, please note that fees are assessed according to a student's study load in each semester, and variation to study load will result in an adjustment to tuition fees. All fees are subject to annual review and may be adjusted.
Professionally accredited by
Course information in detail
- Course detail, course structure and units of study.
- Graduate Certificate of Project Management (GC-PM)
- Graduate Diploma of Project Management ^
- Master of Project Management (MA-PM1)
A student cannot be awarded two masters level courses from the same nested suite.
International students in Australia who hold student visas are required to study full-time and on campus. Courses that are taught entirely online are only available to international students studying outside Australia or those in Australia who are not on a student visa. Online courses are not available to international students in Australia who hold a student visa.
To qualify for the award of Graduate Certificate of Project Management students must complete 50 credit points comprising:
- 4 core units
Units of study
Careers and graduate outcomes
- Course aims and objectives.
Aims and objectives
- demonstrate coherent and advanced knowledge of key project management principles, standards and practice
- critically evaluate project management theories, methodologies and frameworks in a range of business, management, entrepreneurial and industry contexts
- critically analyse problems from interdisciplinary perspectives and multiple points of view to establish innovative solutions
- communicate in a proficient and professional manner and operate as an effective leader or member of a team.
Pathways and scholarships
Course fees and requirements
- Fees, entry requirements and English language requirements.
A prerequisite for many courses, the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) can now be done on campus in Hawthorn at Room 132, Building TD. Book now or call +61 3 9214 3584 for more information.
- a bachelor degree (or higher award) in a related discipline from a recognised higher education institution or equivalent;
- a recognised bachelor degree (or higher award) in any discipline PLUS a minimum of two years equivalent full-time relevant professional experience*
- a minimum of three years equivalent full-time relevant professional experience*
English language requirements
Satisfactory completion of one of the following:
- IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 70%, all skills 65%
- Or equivalent measures available at English language requirements.
How to apply
Find out more
Tel: +613 9214 8444 (outside Australia)
Free call: 1300 794 628 (within Australia)