New COVID-19 restrictions from 28 July 2021
studentHQ on-campus services are not permitted to return as yet. However, the Library and Latelabs are open for students unable to study at home.
See our opening hours before visiting our Hawthorn, Croydon and Wantirna libraries.
Printing, copying and scanning
Learn about how to print, copy and scan at Swinburne libraries.
Software in the Library
View the available computer software at Swinburne Library.
Student systems, hardware and software
Swinburne has a wide range of student systems, applications and software you can use to help with your studies including the Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office 365.
Book or enquire about a study space, room or computer and learn about 24-hour access to Latelabs.
Troubleshoot database access
Find answers to common problems with logging into library databases.
There are a few things you can try:
- Copy the link and open it in a new window outside of Canvas.
- Off campus links require a proxy. Check that the link has the following prefix: http://ezproxy.lib.swin.edu.au/login?url=
- Copy the title of the article and search for it through the library catalogue.
- Contact your lecturer and ask them to fix the link.
- For other Canvas problems, such as disappearing units, contact the IT Service Desk. Call +61 3 9214 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links require a proxy prefix to work off campus. Try these tips:
Many databases require cookies and Java to be enabled in your web browser. If they have not been enabled the database may not work at all or may not work correctly.
You can enable cookies via your browser privacy settings.
First, try using an incognito (private browsing) window that allows you to bypass many cache and cookie issues. Clearing your cache and cookies can help resolve many browser functionality issues:
- Cookies are files that store information on your site preferences. Clearing cookies can fix issues related to sign in.
- The cache stores data from websites you visit so webpages will load faster. Clearing your cache can resolve issues related to pages not loading or displaying old page content.
For instructions see your browser support website (external page).
Not all of our databases provide full text for every journal. If the full text is provided by another database you may be able to access it by selecting the full text button and choosing from the list of databases that appears.
Most workplace networks use firewalls, proxy servers and other security measures that may affect database access.
If you are blocked by a workplace or network firewall you will need to contact your network provider.
Note: There may be speed issues with some ISPs, especially in remote areas. To identify if this is the problem, test two devices (for example a computer, iPad or mobile phone) via different ISPs.
We cannot guarantee access from all remote computers due to variations in configuration and personal or network security software. However, we will do whatever we can to help you! Simply contact us via the link below and tell us what you need.