Giles Family Foundation Semester Exchange Grant
Are you ready for something different? Seeking a new challenge? Have you always dreamt of studying abroad but have yet to take the plunge? Here is your chance to apply for a $7,000 scholarship to study overseas for a semester.
One of our Swinburne alumni, Michael H. Giles, received a study abroad scholarship and appreciates the transformational experiences that overseas study can offer. Today, Michael wants to support other Swinburne students who are keen to spread their wings and study overseas.
Apply now for the Giles Family Foundation Semester Exchange Grant to be one of 5 students selected for this amazing opportunity.
Any undergraduate (including Honours) or postgraduate degree at Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Giles Family Foundation Semester Exchange Grant, applicants must, at the time of application:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a continuing second or third year Swinburne student in 2023
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Be approved for an Overseas Semester Exchange in Semester 1, 2024 to any Swinburne partner university
- please provide evidence in the form of an offer letter from Swinburne Abroad for the Semester Exchange program
- please also provide your offer letter from your host institution
- Submit a video (up to 3 minutes) outlining the following:
- your motivation to study overseas
- demonstrated commitment to community service
- leadership potential
- Please upload your video to cloud based storage and provide a link in an MS Word or PDF document. The video must be downloadable by anyone - provide any passwords if necessary.
- Provide two written references outlining your suitability for the grant:
- Character reference - from a community leader, employer or teacher about your character and leadership qualities
- Academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a unit coordinator, tutor, school principal, etc.
The scholarship is a $7,000 payment and can be used in conjunction with the OS HELP Loan.
There are five (5) scholarships available.
Please note: Funds will be released once proof of acceptance at your overseas host institution and confirmation from Swinburne abroad is received. Please send a copy of your host institution acceptance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Applications are currently closed.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services