Petrol voucher - small grants
This grant entitles you to a petrol voucher with a value of $50. This grant is funded by the Australian Government’s Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program.
Available to students studying any course at an undergraduate, associate degree or UniLink level.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible you must meet all the following criteria:
- on campus local (Australian citizen/permanent resident/permanent humanitarian visa/New Zealand citizen);
- enrolled in an undergraduate degree, associate degree or Unilink course at Swinburne;
- enrolled full time (exceptional circumstances for studying part-time will be considered);*
- demonstrate that you are from a low socioeconomic background (e.g. you or your parents are in receipt of or eligible for Centrelink payments);
- experiencing significant financial hardship and struggling to meet basic living costs;
- have a Driver’s licence;
- maximum one voucher per semester.
How to apply
To apply for this grant you need to make an appointment with the Housing and Finance Adviser at your local campus.
You will need to bring the following documents with you:
- Confirmation of your enrolment;
- Bank statements for all your bank accounts for the last three months (which list all your transactions);
- Current Centrelink Income Statement outlining what you are receiving for the year;
- Pay slips for the last 6 weeks (if you are working)
- All utility bills;
- Rent agreement or lease.