Emergency or sudden financial hardship grant
This grant can help you if you face an unexpected event that causes you significant financial hardship.
You can only apply for this grant if you or your family have a low income (for example, you or your family receive Centrelink benefits).
This is a one-off grant, meaning you can only receive it once while you are studying at Swinburne. This grant is funded by the Australian government’s Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program.
Any undergraduate degree, UniLink diploma or associate degree course.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible you need to meet all the following criteria. You need to be:
- a local student (an Australian citizen, permanent resident, Humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen);
- enrolled in an undergraduate degree, UniLink diploma or associate degree course at Swinburne University;
- enrolled full-time (if you're studying part-time, your application will be considered in exceptional circumstances);
- able to demonstrate that you or your family are on a low income (for example, you or your family receive Centrelink payments);
- experiencing an unexpected event that is causing you significant financial hardship.
If you have already received this grant, you can't apply for it again.
If you are a Swinburne Online or Open Universities Australia student, you can apply if you are enrolled in an undergraduate degree at Swinburne University and are in a Commonwealth Supported Place.
Up to $1000.
How to apply
Applications are now closed and will reopen in April 2018.
t: 03 9214 8882