- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours face to face + blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Before enrolling in this unit you must also be enrolled in the same unit with CPA Australia as part of their CPA Program.
Aims and objectives
This unit develops your ability as an accounting graduate to understand the complexities of ethics and corporate governance and to apply them in a demanding and global business environment. This course integrates the materials from the CPA Program Professional Level segment titled Ethics and Corporate Governance and prepares students for the CPA examination. This is a core unit in the Master of Professional Accounting (CPA Specialisation) degree.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
2. Critically analyse the key professional responsibilities of an accountant from the perspective of a professional accounting body
3. Critically evaluate key governance and regulatory and ethical frameworks, including international perspectives on corporate governance and the roles of various stakeholders
4. Critically evaluate the nature, role and importance of corporate social responsibility, including climate change and sustainable development
5. Communicate proficiently and in professional practice and act as a leader or member of a team