Cloud Enterprise Systems and Analytics
One Semester or equivalent
- 24 hours face to face + blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2023 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Admission to MA-IT1 Master of Information Technology
Admission to MA-ITPC1 Master of Information Technolog (Professional Computing)
Aims and objectives
This unit provides students with contemporary views of Cloud-based Enterprise Systems and their strategic contributions to the organisation. Cloud-based Enterprise Systems enable flexible organisational-wide integration of processes, workflows, and data. These systems are more adaptable to change and enable organisations to be more agile and streamline their activities to improved efficiencies. The inherent features of Cloud-based Enterprise Systems in the overall management of data and data analytics allows for a more informed, data-driven, decision-making activities within the. This unit also explores the key challenges surrounding the management of the Cloud-based Enterprise Systems and the best practices in maximising the delivery of organisational values, particularly through process integration and data analytics enabled by these systems.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Critically analyse the complexities and business opportunities related to the implementation and use of Cloud Systems
2. Apply problem solving, design, and decision making techniques in approaching organisational issues and provide innovative solutions using Cloud Systems capabilities
3. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge of the strategic role of cloud-based enterprise systems in multiple areas of business operations
4. Demonstrate critical thinking and apply knowledge to address strategic issues by using data and data analytics feature of Cloud Systems
5. Apply skills to function as an effective member or leader of a team
Unit information in detail
- Teaching methods, assessment and content.
Hours per week
Number of Weeks
On Campus Class in Computer Lab
Online (asynchronous lecture)
Unspecified Activities Independent Learning
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULOs)
|Project Report||Group||30-50%||2, 3, 5|
• Data security, privacy regulations and data sovereignty
• Supply chains, value chains and associated organisational and societal issues (including ethics)
• The integration of individual organisations into supply chains and supply chain systems
• The role of e-commerce, the Cloud, and associated strategic and managerial imperatives
• The needs of modern organisations and the markets they serve
• Supporting organisation and social needs with enterprise systems and systems theories
• The role of information technology in supporting enterprise systems, processes and operations
• Enterprise Architecture
• Enterprise Software for supporting organisations
• Global standards and practices, both trade and technical
• Designing software for scalable, reliable, accessible enterprise systems
- Reading materials.
Students are advised to check the unit outline in the relevant teaching period for appropriate textbooks and further reading.