Face to Face:
Face to Face scheduled hours: Seminars (12 x 2 hours), Labs (12 x 2 hours)
Students are expected to engage in online learning activities and discussion boards; and other activities including independent study and assessment tasks for a total of approximately 150 hours.
Engaging with online content and discussions
For all teaching and learning structures (both face to face and online), students are expected to spend an average of 150 hours per unit in total over the duration of the study period.
This includes all:
• Scheduled teaching and learning events and activities (contact hours timetabled in a face-to-face teaching space) and scheduled online learning events (contact hours scheduled in an online teaching space), and
• Non-scheduled learning events and activities (including directed online learning activities, assessments, independent study, student group meetings, and research.
To be successful, students should:
• Read all prescribed materials and/or view videos in preparation for each class
• Attend and engage in all scheduled classes (face to face or online)
• Start assessment tasks well ahead of the due date, and submit assessments promptly
• Read / listen to all feedback carefully, and consider it for future assessment
• Engage with fellow students and teaching staff (don’t hesitate to ask questions)
1. Assignment 1 (Individual) 30 - 40%
2. Assignment 2 (Group) 30 - 50%
3. Online Tests (Individual) 20 - 30%
During this unit students will receive feedback on the following key generic skills:
• teamwork skills
• problem solving skills
• analysis skills
• communication skills
• ability to tackle unfamiliar problems
• ability to work independently