The Swinburne Social Startup Studio is an industry-engaged, action research initiative that works with social entrepreneurs looking to build impactful and sustainable social enterprises.
The Studio's aims are to support the development of the social enterprises we work with whilst at the same time undertaking research to better understand entrepreneurial processes in a social enterprise context. The Studio also provides opportunities for students to work with the social enterprises as 'living case studies' to learn about social impact business models. It provides a rich research and learning setting for CSI's researchers and students.
The Social Startup Studio is supported by Swinburne, Equity Trustees and the Victorian Government's Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions.
- Distinguished Professor Jo Barraket, Chief Investigator
- Professor Tim Majoribanks, Chief Investigator
- Libby Ward-Christie, Chief Investigator and Studio Director
- Kate Saporta, Studio Manager
- Dr Julie Tucker, Research Fellow
- Emma Riseley, Senior Research Assistant and Studio Co-ordinator
- James Kelly, Research Assistant
January 2019 – December 2021