Ms Libby Ward-Christie
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Centre for Social Impact Swinburne
- AGSE203G Hawthorn campus
Libby is a recognised leader in not for profit and social enterprise strategy and management with specific interest in social enterprise planning, implementation, governance and financing, particularly of charitable social enterprises that address social disadvantage. During her 17+ years in the community and not for profit sectors, Libby has advised scores of social enterprises on their business strategy, governance, capital provision and operations.
Libby joined the Centre for Social Impact Swinburne in August 2017 after nearly eight years at Social Traders, where she was a founding member of the senior leadership team. At Social Traders she led the development of innovative platforms that support social enterprises to access to capital and the develop and implement effective organisational systems, such as Social Traders’ Crunch program and their Social Investment Portfolio.
Libby has an MBA with Dean's Honours from Melbourne Business School and was recognised with their Outstanding Recent Alumnus Award in 2016. She also has a MLArch, a BA and a BSc(Hons) from the University of Melbourne. She is a graduate and member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, has been a director of a large Victorian Social Enterprise for over six years and sits on their Strategy and Audit Committees.
Philanthropy and social investment; Social enterprise; Social impact
Philanthropy and social investment;Social enterprise;Social impact
Also published as: Ward-Christie, Libby; Ward-Christie, L.; Ward-Christie, Elisabeth; Ward-Christie, E.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Map for Impact Website and Database Maintenance 2019 - October 202 *; Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions
- 2018: The Swinburne Social Startup Studio *; Equity Trustees
- 2018: Theory of Change workshop *; Museums Victoria Fund Scheme
- 2017: Evaluation of Be Connected: a Digital Literacy for Older Australians Project -RFQ No. 70009747 *; Department of Social Services
- 2017: Whats your Story? Social entrepreneurship(Request for quote) *; City of Port Phillip
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display