The library has an extensive range of material you can use the supplement your course content. Many resources are online and can be made available to students on and off campus.
Search the library to find ebooks to use as required or recommended reading.
Create persistent links to ebooks for Canvas units (login required).
Create persistent links to articles for Canvas units (login required).
If a journal article you want to recommend is not available online, contact the Subject materials service.
TV, video and audio
Search the library to find streaming video and audio to play in class or make available to students.
Create persistent links to video for Canvas units (login required).
For more information and a list of streaming media databases, see TV, video and audio.
There are a number of sources you can use to find licensed images for educational use.
- Britannica ImageQuest includes rights-cleared digital images. Each image includes a description, information about the source/creator of the image and a citation style generator.
- Creative Commons includes many images licensed for public use under a CC licence, provided credit is given to the creator and source. Always check the licence on an image to ensure it is free to use.
- Flickr includes photos uploaded by users, with many (but not all) licensed for public use, provided credit is given to the creator and source. Always check the licence on an image to ensure it is free to use. Flickr Commons includes images from international photography archives.
- Pixabay includes more than a million royalty-free stock photos, released under a Creative Commons CCO licence.
- Wikimedia Commons includes public domain and freely-licensed images (plus sound and video). Images are free to use provided credit is given to the creator and source.
Print materials: books, book chapters and articles
For advice on creating links to print sources, or placing high-use books on short-term loan, contact the Subject materials service.
Find out how to use copyright-protected material, including images, video and music.