VET Digital Scholarship
To provide a once off payment for VET students who are experiencing financial hardship preventing them from having access to sufficient IT hardware (eg laptop/desktop) and or contribute to connectivity costs in order to undertake the online requirements of course delivery.
Any Vocational Education (Certificate IV and below, Diploma (including UniLink) and Advanced Diploma) courses offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
JobTrainer students are encouraged to apply.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the VET Digital Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing or continuing Swinburne student in Semester 2, 2021
- enrolled in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Have experienced financial hardship, which may have hindered access to education
- Submit a personal statement (300 words) addressing the above (#2)
- Submit evidence of financial hardship. Examples include (but not limited to):
- Health Care Card
- Youth Allowance
- Newstart Allowance
- Disability Support Pension; and/or
- Carer’s Payment
The scholarship is valued at $1000 (One-off payment). Successful applicants will also be contacted to provide a testimonial on how the scholarship has benefited them.
How to apply
Applications are currently closed.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Graduation, Fees & Scholarships, Student Administration and Library Services