VET Digital Scholarship
To provide a once off payment for VET students who are experiencing financial hardship preventing them from having access to sufficient IT hardware (eg laptop/desktop) and or contribute to connectivity costs in order to undertake the online requirements of course delivery.
Any Vocational Education (Certificate IV and below, Diploma and Advanced Diploma) courses offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the VET Digital Scholarship, applicants must:
1. Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing or continuing Swinburne student in Semester 2, 2023.
- enrolled in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above).
2. Submit a personal statement (500 words) addressing the following aspects:
- demonstrate impact of financial hardship, which may have hindered access to education.
- describe how receiving the scholarship funds will support studies with Swinburne.
3. Submit evidence of financial hardship. Examples include (but not limited to):
- Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card
- Youth Start Allowance
- Newstart Allowance
- Disability Support Pension; and/or
- Carer's Payment
4. Submit with application, Letter of Engagement from a Student Success Coach. Students are required to meet with the Student Success Coach associated with their area of study to obtain letter. Information on who to engage with a Swinburne Success Coach can be found here Swinburne Student Success Coaches
The scholarship is valued at $1000 (One-off payment). Successful applicants will also be contacted to provide a testimonial on how the scholarship has benefited them.
How to apply
Applications are currently closed.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Graduation, Fees & Scholarships, Student Administration and Library Services