Asian Australian Foundation Scholarship - 1 Year scholarships
The Asian Australian Foundation is a community foundation that connects and brings together the resources of Asian Australians to shape a dynamic Asian philanthropic presence in Australia.
- Any undergraduate course offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
- Any postgraduate course offered by Australian Graduate School of Entrepreneurship (AGSE), Swinburne University of Technology
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Asian Australian Foundation Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a continuing undergraduate enrolled in 2nd or 3rd year of study or a commencing postgraduate Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2021
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- If a continuing undergraduate, have achieved a minimum credit average
- Provide evidence of diverse cultural background. This may include:
- not born in Australia
- parents not born in Australia
- English not the primary language at home
- Indigenous and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply
- Submit a personal statement (500 words) addressing the following points:
- passion for the chosen field of study
- how this scholarship would make a difference in your life
- Provide evidence of financial or personal disadvantage. Disadvantage(s) may include:
- financial difficulty or low-socio economic status (Centrelink statement, payslips. Bank statements can be used if an explanation is provided in a personal statement)
- disability or medical condition
- delay or interruption to career or studies because of family responsibilities or illness
- relocation from a rural or regional area in order to undertake tertiary study
- English as a second language
- identification as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
The scholarship is valued at $2500 for 1 year. There are 2 scholarships available to be awarded.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by Sunday, 28 March 2021. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services