International Aviation Women's Association Scholarship
The International Aviation Women’s Association (IAWA) is a non-profit association with members in 38 countries, representing 257 major companies and aviation authorities. IAWA is dedicated to promoting the advancement of women in the aviation and aerospace industries.
The following Aviation courses offered by Swinburne University of Technology:
- Bachelor of Aviation
- Bachelor of Aviation/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Aviation Management
- Bachelor of Aviation Management/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Aviation Management
- Master of Aviation (Management)
- Master of Aviation (Human Factors)
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the International Aviation Women's Association Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- female student
- International student, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or Australian permanent resident with Humanitarian Visa
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing or continuing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2021
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Submit a personal statement (500 words) outlining a passion for a career in aviation
- Provide one referee report outlining your suitability for the scholarship:
- Academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator, school principal, etc., or
- Character reference - from a person competent to supply a character reference such as a current or past employer
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership qualities
The scholarship is valued at AU$6,865 for one year only.
In addition to the scholarship funds received, the successful recipient will also have the opportunity to attend (either in person or virtually) the annual IAWA conference, fully funded by the IAWA.
How to apply
Applications will re-open in August 2021.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services