Vice-Chancellor's Excellence Scholarship
The Swinburne Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship is a prestigious award to study any Swinburne on-campus degree.
The Scholarship is worth $5000 per annum for the normal duration of your chosen degree* plus a one-off payment of $2000 towards an international study experience.
You will also be invited to apply for the Swinburne’s Student Ambassador Program; representing Swinburne at key events.
If you live more than 80km from the Hawthorn campus and apply for accommodation by the required deadline, you are also guaranteed a place in Swinburne Residences for Semester 1. Accommodation costs are not covered by the scholarship.
Any Swinburne on-campus degree.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for a Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship, you must:
- be a Year 12 student and commencing a Swinburne degree in the year after leaving school
- achieve a minimum ATAR of 95.00
- meet the prerequisites of your chosen degree.
- Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarships are not deferrable.
- International students are not eligible for consideration. Scholarships available to international students are listed here.
- SEAS or adjustment factors are not applicable for this scholarship.
The Scholarship is worth $5000 per annum for the normal duration of your chosen degree, plus a one-off payment of $2000 towards an international study experience.
How to apply
There is no need to apply for the Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship. As long as you preference a Swinburne degree and achieve an ATAR of 95 or higher you will automatically be offered a Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship. All eligible students will be contacted once Year 12 results are released in December (Victorian Year 12) and January (other states and IB).
Accommodation application deadline
For further information please visit Swinburne's Accommodation webpage.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services