Vice-Chancellor's Excellence Scholarship
The Swinburne Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship is a prestigious award to study any Swinburne on-campus degree.
The Scholarship is worth $5000 per annum for the normal duration of your chosen degree* and includes membership into the High Achievers Program, plus a one-off payment of $2000 towards an international study experience.
High Achievers Program
At Swinburne we understand that high-performing students need opportunities to develop and excel in their field of interest. This is why we’ve created the High Achievers Program for all Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship recipients.
Being part of this program means you’ll have access to:
- an academic mentor to assist in tailoring your Swinburne study experience to your goals
- leadership workshops
- a guaranteed place in a degree-related study tour
- research or industry projects
- academic or industry mentoring
- networking opportunities to share insights with like-minded peers.
You will also be invited to apply for the Swinburne’s Student Ambassador Program; representing Swinburne at key events.
If you live more than 80km from the Hawthorn campus and apply for accommodation by the required deadline†, you are also guaranteed a place in Swinburne Residences for Semester 1. Accommodation costs are not covered by the scholarship.
Any Swinburne on-campus degree except Bachelor of Business Information Technology (Professional) or Bachelor of Accounting and Business Information Technology (Professional).
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for a Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship, you must:
- be a Year 12 student and commencing a Swinburne degree in the year after leaving school
- achieve a minimum ATAR of 95.00
- meet the prerequisites of your chosen degree.
- Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarships are not deferrable.
- International students are eligible for consideration.
- SEAS or adjustment factors are not applicable for this scholarship.
The Scholarship is worth $5000 per annum for the normal duration of your chosen degree and includes membership into the High Achievers Program, plus a one-off payment of $2000 towards an international study experience.
How to apply
There is no need to apply for the Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship†. As long as you preference a Swinburne degree and achieve an ATAR of 95 or higher you will automatically be offered a Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship and entry into the High Achievers Program. All eligible students will be contacted once Year 12 results are released in December (Victorian Year 12) and January (other states and IB).
Accommodation application deadline
†While there is no need to apply for the scholarship, students interested in accommodation for Semester 1, 2019 must apply by 9 am Monday 7 January 2019. For further information see: https://www.swinburne.edu.au/current-students/student-support-services/accommodation/
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services