- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours face to face, 90 hours SOL
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2021 teaching periods
|Teaching Period 3|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Develop an understanding and theoretically-informed perspective of the criminal genesis of juvenile crime.
2. Evaluate the effectiveness of the criminal justice system and the laws that pertain to juvenile offending through analysis, research and consultation with student research partners.
3. Evaluate the effectiveness of the criminal justice system through an analysis of law making and sentencing responses to juvenile crime.
4. Evaluate the criminal justice system in its interactions with indigenous youth.
5. Analyse and develop evidence-based recommendations for adaptions and changes to the criminal justice system as it relates to juvenile crime.
Courses with unit
Bachelor of Criminal Justice and Criminology;
Criminology Major: BA-ARTS3; BA-ARTPROF; BB-ARTBUS1; BB-ARTSC