- One Semester or equivalent
- 150 contact hours - Online
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2024 teaching periods
HOL Study Period 3
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
Skills in writing for digital new media platforms are in high demand. This unit analyses the most commonly used platforms, programs and tools for writing professionally and creatively in the digital space. It examines the theories and practices behind text and non-text based online and social media communications.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
After successfully completing this unit, you will be able to:
1. Describe and critically evaluate the contemporary debates, writing practices, platforms, and trends in new media discourse and textuality
2. Demonstrate practical writing skills for online and digital platforms
3. Generate a mind map, plan, research, and produce a piece of writing about or utilising online textuality