- One Semester or equivalent
- 51 Hours face to face + blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2023 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
The aim of this unit is to discover and apply the scientific knowledge required to identify likely water-based pollutants, their effects, how to detect and quantify them and how to treat them. Students will apply this skill set across a variety of water bodies including drinking water, wastewater and recreational water.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
2. Formulate relevant treatments to remediate water contaminated with a variety of pollutants
3. Use a Hach kit and lab techniques to analyse selected chemical contaminants in water
4. Describe some of the issues involved in swimming pool water quality and create solutions for these problems
5. Assess water management and the capacity for water as an alternative energy source