- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2021 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
100 Credit Points
Completion of a unit that is similar in content or the content overlaps with another unit.
Aims and objectives
This unit concentrates on developing students' understanding of their own ability to lead, manage and launch an enterprise as it moves through stages of growth. This is a capstone style unit where students go through the experience of getting a venture to market and beyond. In groups, the students will start a business and generate market traction. This unit aims to enable students to execute on their innovative business idea in the market taking into consideration a strategic exit.
Unit Learning Outcomes: Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1) Apply coherent, advanced and integrated knowledge of entrepreneurship skills, techniques and processes applicable to the latest theoretical and practice based underpinnings of entrepreneurship and innovation.
2) Apply the models and frameworks of entrepreneurial growth venture evaluation.
3) Critically evaluate innovative new venture funding options.
4) Critically analyse exit and harvest strategies appropriate to contextual situations.