- One Semester
- On-campus: 24 hours Face to face Swinburne online – Fully online
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2022 teaching periods
Teaching Period 3
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Differentiate behaviours displayed by students in learning environments and formulate reasons for these behaviours using behavioural and educational theories
2. Critically analyse and apply appropriate theoretical frameworks and models for responding to a range of behaviours displayed in the learning environment.
3. Critically analyse different principles, policies and practices used for establishing and maintaining a productive learning environment.
4. Plan learning environments that adhere to positive models of behaviour management.
5. Create strategies for working inclusively and ethically with families, community and support agencies
6. Clarify the role of external agencies and professionals in supporting teachers, children and families.
Courses with unit
MA-TEAPRI3 Master of Teaching (Primary)
MA-TEASC Master of Teaching (Secondary)