- One Semester or equivalent
- On-campus: 24 hours Face to face Swinburne online - Nil
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2021 teaching periods
|Teaching Period 2|
Last self enrolment:
PrerequisitesEDU10004 Theories of Teaching and Learning
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Teach, plan and assess key Humanities and Social Science (history, geography, civics and citizenship, and economics and business) concepts and curriculum content appropriate for primary school environments.
2. Analyse pedagogical approaches in teaching and learning of Humanities in the Primary classroom, including collaborative planning, and single subject and cross-disciplinary approaches.
3. Evaluate and generate learning experiences (including informal humanities learning) that reflect relevant National and/or State or Territory curriculum documentation and reflect contemporary inquiry pedagogical approaches.
4. Evaluate digital humanities resources with a focus on student engagement.
5. Evaluate a range of assessment and reporting strategies and record keeping instruments within the Humanities and Social Sciences in terms of their purpose, benefits, limitations and implementation constraints.
6. Reflect upon how the broader theoretical and societal context impacts upon the teaching of Humanities