- One Semester or equivalent
- On-campus: 12 hours Face to face+Blended Swinburne online - Nil
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2021 teaching periods
|Teaching Period 3|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
Unit Learning Outcomes: Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Critically examine bias and stereotypes within themselves and others, through a social justice lens.
2. Identify and utilise strategies of contemporary critical theories to plan for diverse learners with diverse learning needs and evaluate teaching approaches with respect to their ability to support diverse and equitable learning environments
3. Evaluate policies and practices in relation to diversity, equity and inclusion as they related to pedagogical approaches and anti-bias curriculum practices and other forms of equity in learning environments.
4. Plan for supportive the social, emotional, physical and spiritual needs of diverse learners in keeping with principles of teaching and learning (PoLT).