- One Semester or equivalent
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2023 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
PrerequisitesDDD40001 Studio 1: Methods for Design Research
Aims and objectives
This is a research-literate and practice-based unit executed to a professional industry standard. This unit is the culmination of the Masters’ course, generating research-informed design outcomes. In this unit, the design proposal outlined in Studio 5: Major Project will be comprehensively developed. Further research is conducted under supervision, and increased analysis and evaluation of iterative prototypes culminate in a professional quality proof of concept outcome supported by comprehensive documentation.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Critically evaluate proposed design directions through practical applications, substantiated by ongoing critical analysis
2. Construct prototypes as a means of gaining new knowledge and to demonstrate proof of concept
3. Evaluate the investigative process and outcomes through concise, coherent and well-structured documentation, reports and presentations
4. Produce a highly refined and detailed design outcome and/or prototype to professional standards