- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Aims and objectives
This unit adopts a general management perspective, and explores how marketing contributes to corporate strategy and how marketing influences and is influenced by other functions within the organisation. Students will learn to be effective members of entrepreneurial teams, to comprehend a world characterised by uncertainty and change, and to identify and evaluate opportunities.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge of marketing theories and concepts in diverse contexts and applications using critical thinking.
2. Apply problem solving, design and decision-making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems with intellectual independence.
3. Apply marketing fundamentals to the analysis, design and operation of a business model using appropriate marketing methods and tools, applied in a variety of contexts.
4. Communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences, function as an effective member or leader of a diverse team