One Semester or equivalent
- Recommended 8 hours of study per week
2020 teaching periods
|Teaching Period 1|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
This unit introduces marketing as an integral part of every aspect of business. In particular, in the sporting environment, there is a growing need to understand marketing and how it may be applied. This unit provides the basic principles and tools for sports marketing that represent the essential knowledge sports managers require in order to favorably position their sport, association, club, team, code or event in the highly competitive sport market.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify the markets and consumer profiles in the sports management industry.
2. Analyse practices and identify effective marketing approaches for sports product, facilities or events.
3. Comprehend and apply the principles of sports marketing to relevant environments.
4. Demonstrate an understanding of sports products, services and events.