- 60 Hours
2021 teaching periods
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
PHT60003 Exercise and Acute Musculoskeletal Conditions
PHT60001 Applied Anatomy and Biomechanics for Physiotherapists
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Evaluate and analyse how the neuromuscular system adapts to injury and the role of physiotherapy in maximising healing and recovery
2. Examine sports and occupational health presentations utilising appropriate differential diagnosis tests
3. Critically evaluate and justify the application of research evidence that supports a systematic approach to differential diagnosis and management of common vertebral region conditions.
4.Evaluate, safely and effectively apply physiotherapy intervention for sports and occupational health injuries and vertebral region conditions utilising appropriate technologies
5. Evaluate and develop evidence-based clinical reasoning with respect to the management of sports and occupational health injuries as well as presentations within the vertebral region.
6. Apply evidence-informed inter-disciplinary physiotherapy management plans for patients/clients.