This unit introduces students to the complex and interdependent relationship of sport, media and technology. Students will analyse and critique these relationships, and review the history of the sport-media-technology nexus to predict future innovations and their implications in the sport sector. Students will appraise the breadth of this global industry, and identify the impact of social and economic issues in sport media. All aspects of sport media – traditional, social, streaming, immersive strategies and more – will be included in the unit
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Articulate and analyse the increasingly complex relationship between sport, media and and technology stakeholders
2. Analyse technological advances in sport media and propose innovative business solutions to address problems related to the evolving landscape of sport media
3. Analyse different media channels and technology applications as well as their impact across stakeholders.
4. Work collaboratively in teams to share, innovate and co-create solutions to sport media issues
5. Communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences