- One Semester or equivalent
- 12 Hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2023 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 1
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
The aims of this unit are to provide the student with a foundational understanding of the International & Domestic Legal frameworks relevant to space operations and research in Australia and a basic understanding of what factors shape current and future space activities.
Unit Learning Outcomes: Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of International and Domestic legal frameworks applicable to Australian Space Operations
- Appraise the legal challenges and locate relevant applicable legal and regulatory instruments related to space research and operations in Australia
- Assess and explain the role of institutional stakeholders for space operations globally.
- Apply intermediate level knowledge of practical legal aspects of space activities to describe effective ways to minimize project risks
- Develop and evaluate solutions to relevant problems and challenges in the field of space research and operations