- One Semester or equivalent
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2021 teaching periods
|HB7 HE Block 7|
Last self enrolment:
Aims and objectives
Pre-2020 unit code: BUS60016
This unit provides students with an understanding of the theory and effective application of Lean Management concepts, tools and practices to enable positive change. Students are required to target an area within an organisation and leverage their learning to initiate, implement and sustain quantitative and/or qualitative improvements through a workplace project.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge of the analysis required prior to strategy creation and the issues that may arise in the successful implementation of strategy.
2. Critically evaluate the key factors for success and sustainability in a lean deployment.
3. Critically analyse the key lean and change management tools and practices to achieve and sustain process improvements.
4. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge of the lean principles required to strategy facilitate the successful implementation.