Short Form Screen Production (Music Video and TVC)
- One Semester or equivalent
- 48 Hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2023 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Produce treatments and audio-visual scripts for short form productions for a music video or television commercial (TVC)
2. Pitch concepts and treatments for a music video or a television commercial (TVC)
3. Design storyboards that utilise adequate camera coverage for short form productions
4. Produce, direct and shoot a music video or television commercial (TVC)
5. Apply industry standard camera preparation tasks, evaluate image formats and articulate production solutions, and professionally apply these attributes in the production of a music video or a television commercial (TVC)
6. Articulate the principles of individual specialisations in professional production.
7. Evaluate the impact of the production process of short form production on the social and natural environment.
Unit information in detail
- Teaching methods, assessment, general skills outcomes and content.
Hours per week
Number of Weeks
Individual or Group task
Assesses attainment of these ULOs
Pre-production documentation or/ format testing for a Music Video or Television Commercial
Produce a Television Commercial or Music Video
General skills outcomes
• Teamwork Skills
• Analysis Skills
• Problem Solving Skills
• Communication Skills
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems
• Ability to work independently
Topics for discussion may include:
• Demonstration of advanced editing software and creative editing techniques in the areas of scene structure, rhythm and pacing in working on the Major Projects.
• The editor/ director relationship, and regular group consultations on picture and sound editing, colour grading, title design and special effects.
• Liaising with industry practitioners, post-production facilities and film labs in post-producing the Major Projects.
• The development of professional marketing strategies and documentation for the distribution and promotion of the major film-based projects.
- Reading materials.