- One Semester
- 48 hours
PrerequisitesEDU60050 Secondary Curriculum and Pedagogy 1
EDU70015 Professional Experience 1
Aims and objectives
This unit advances pre-service teacher readiness for teaching their two disciplines in secondary school contexts by building upon the learning from EDU60050 Secondary Curriculum and Pedagogy 1. Pre-service teachers will undertake guided and independent investigations to advance their knowledge and skills in planning, teaching, assessing and reporting. Pre-service teachers will further evaluate contemporary approaches to secondary teaching contexts that support diverse learning with diverse learning needs.
After successfully completing this unit, students should be able to:
1. Critically analyse pedagogical approaches in teaching and learning of the discipline areas in secondary contexts.
2. Critically evaluate and modify a scoped and sequenced unit of study (with a minimum of 6 lessons) for each discipline area.
3. Advance an assessment plan (including formative and summative strategies) for scaffolding and reporting student achievement.
4. Synthesis and communicate knowledge about qualitative and quantitative assessment data to evaluate, support and extend student learning.
5. Apply contemporary theories in anti-bias curriculum and pedagogies as they apply to secondary contexts and diverse learners.